Car Accidents in Glendale
In a city the size and population of Glendale, car accidents are a daily threat, just as they are in the rest of the West San Gabriel Valley in California. Drivers that are cautious and alert when driving may not even be able to avoid being involved in a collision on the congested freeways and roadways.
In the event that you or a family member is involved in a motor vehicle collision consult a car accident legal advocate as soon as you can. The Glendale car accident lawyer can assist in recovering compensation to recoup for your injuries, including medical treatment costs, loss earnings, and pain and suffering. If a loved one has died due to the injuries sustained in a traffic accident, it is important to know your rights.
The Ehline Law Firm, PC has represented thousands of victims of personal injuries, including a large amount of vehicular wreck insurance claims, recovering the compensation they are entitled for all types of disabling impairments.
After a serious wreck, or simple fender bender, if you are able there are important things you can do that will help you, if negligence was involved:
- Get medical attention. Even if you do not believe you have been seriously injured, not all injuries are immediately apparent.
- Do not admit fault or make any statements. Make certain the police are called to the scene and make a report.
- Document the drivers involved, get their name, license number, plate number, address and insurance information.
- Take photographs of the scene, of the vehicle damage and any signal or other traffic signs.
- Document the time of day, the weather and the road condition.
- Contact your insurance company, but do not admit any fault or make a recorded statement.
After the unavoidable tragedy of fender bender. as soon as you are able, hire an established vehicular injuries lawyer, who will investigate the collision immediately, and preserve the evidence and file the legal documents for the court claim, within the given amount of time permissible by the statutes. The Ehline Law Firm PC, has years of experience, and millions recovered in cataclysmic negligence claims, many of which are motor vehicle accident claims, with a magnificent record of successful outcomes on behalf of insured’s, as well as the uninsured.
When you hire a Glendale car accident lawyer at Ehline Law Firm PC, they will gather all the evidence necessary and they will interview any eyewitnesses in determining the cause of the incident, and the responsible parties. Then the legal professional will identify the liable parties and name them in your lawsuit that will be filed with the court. In the event that there is more than one liable party, the damages recovered be higher.
The parties that might be named in an automobile collision can include:
- Drivers of the vehicles involved in the smash up.
- Owners, if different than the driver of the vehicle.
- Employers, of drivers that are employed and on duty when the accident occurs.
- Manufacturers, when a vehicle design or defective part is partially or fully responsible for the crash.
- Automobile mechanics, if there were improper repairs or known defective parts used in repairs that are partially or completely responsible for the crash.
- Government entities, when the roadways they are in charge of maintaining are unsafe and cause or are partially responsible for a crash.
In the event that a driver is uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company. In this case the insurer is going to look out for their best interests, rather than yours. If a settlement is offered that is below what you are entitled and a proper settlement cannot be negotiated, your legal counsel may suggest filing a lawsuit against your insurance company.
As members of the bar who have handled thousands of injury claims, we realize that you victims would love to know immediately, exactly how much the monetary value of your personal injury claim is in dollars and cents. Of course, there is no such thing as a personal injury damages calculator, and no hard and fast rule, since each person and event are unique in the eyes of the law. Our team must first take the time to painstakingly look at the evidence, such as MRI bills, accident scene photos and witness declarations in order to come up with a more accurate valuation – ultimately, the insurance adjustor, judge, or jury may still have a totally different idea based upon other factors, such as likability/trustworthiness of a witness, and reduce or raise the award accordingly. When informal negotiations at avoiding court fail, damages may still be recovered through a negotiated settlement, using arbitration or by going to court. When the other two fail and the lawsuit is tried in court, the court is able to award damages to the person that was injured in a traffic accident.
The award of compensation is usually for payment of:
- Medical expenses and ongoing treatment.
- Assisted living services Rehabilitation costs
- Loss of income Reduced or loss of future income
- Pain and suffering
In car accidents that result in the death of an individual, the victim’s family may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This is a lawsuit that is filed for the family’s personal loss, rather than losses of the victim. But critical elements like evidence, witnesses, medical experts, must help you lay a foundation. The recovery for the family members can be for loss of support, loss of companionship, affection and other losses.
The estate of the afflicted decedent may also be entitled to file a legal action on behalf of the decedent’s heirs. When you have questions and require legal guidance after being involved in a motor vehicle mishap, consult our Glendale and San Gabriel Valley car accident attorneys to schedule a free consultation.
The lawyers at Ehline Law Firm PC, as members of the Bar, 1 the Glendale legal advocates, who can guide you through the complex legal process to obtain the compensation you deserve when you have been afflicted in a traffic collision. Even if it means bringing the case to trial before an empaneled jury and judge if we are unable to settle out of court. We can be reached toll-free at 888-400-9721 or by using our website contact form.